Address: Laboratory of Forensic Medicine and
Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine,
Ph.D., Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2000
B.A, Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki , 1988
Toxicological Analysis of Drugs, Heavy metals, Metabonomics, Chromatographic Separation Sciences
Participation in research projects:
1. "International Collaborative Exercises (I.C.E.)". United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. 1995- today.
toxic substances”. Research Committee,
3. “Sensors for Chemical Weapons Detection Based on Molecurarly Imprinted Polymers”, Collaborative Linkage Grant. Cooperative Science and Technology Programme, ΝΑΤΟ Science Programme. 2003-2006.
“Determination of resperidone levels in blood and hair samples of psychiatric
patients ” Research Committee,
determination of heavy metals (Pb, Cd) levels in cephalopods
tissues before and afterwards their
treatment in the cannery ”. Research Committee, A.T.E.I. of
6. Bilateral Agreement Greece-Romania 2006-2008. "Knowledge based multifunctional materials for biotechnological and biomedical use. Molecularly Imprinted Polymers and pH/thermoresponsible micro- and nanospheres for the Development of novel drug delivery systems and analytical tools for pharmaceuticals".
Greece- Czech Republic 2006-2008, with the
Grants and Fellowships:
Member of the following Societies:
Publications in international journals: 26
1. “Comparative study of different techniques for nitrate determination in environmental water samples”.
N. Raikos, K. Fytianos, C. Samara, V. Samanidou.
Fresenius Z. Anal. Chemie, 331, 495–98, 1988.
2. “Removal of Phosphate from Aqueous and Wastewater Samples using Aluminum Salts”.
K. Fytianos, E. Voudrias, N. Raikos.
J. of Environ. Science and Health, Part A: Environmental Science and Engineering, 31 (10), 2621–2634, 1996.
3. “Spectrophotometric Determination of Anionic Surfactants in Aqueous and Enivronmental water samples with cationic dyes”.
K. Fytianos, D. Vasilakakis, N. Raikos.
J. of Environ. Science and Health. Part A. Environmental Science and Engineering, 32(4), 953–962, 1997.
4. “Determination of Non–ionic surfactants of the Nonylphenol Polyethoxylate type by HPLC in wastewater”
K. Fytianos, S. Pegiadou, N. Raikos, I. Eleftheriadis, H. Tsoukali.
Chemosphere, 35, 1423–1429, 1997.
5. “Modeling of phosphate removal from aqueous and wastewater samples using ferric iron”.
K. Fytianos, E. Voudrias, N. Raikos.
Environmental Pollution, 101, 123–130, 1998.
6. “Determination of opiates in postmortem bone and bone marrow”
Raikos N., Tsoukali H., Njau S.N.
Forensic Science International, 123, 140-141, 2001.
Forensic Science International, 128: 31-34, 2002.
H. Tsoukali, N. Raikos, D. Psaroulis.
Bulletin of The International Association Of Forensic Toxicologists, Vol. XXXI, Number 2: 12-13, 2001.
9. “Determination of amphetamines in human urine by headspace solid-phase microextraction and gas chromatography”.
N. Raikos , K. Christopoulou , G. Theodoridis , H. Tsoukali , D. Psaroulis.
Journal of Chromatography B, 789: 59–63, 2003.
10. “Preparation of a molecularly imprinted polymer for the solid-phase extraction of scopolamine with hyoscyamine as a dummy template molecule”.
G. Theodoridis, A. Kantifes, P. Manesiotis, N. Raikos and H. Tsoukali.
Journal of Chromatography A, 987, 103-109, 2003.
11. “Headspace solid phase microextraction for the gas chromatographic analysis of methyl-parathion in post-mortem human samples. Application in a suicide case by intravenous injection”.
H. Tsoukali, N. Raikos, G. Theodoridis, D. Psaroulis.
Forensic Science International, 143, 127-132, 2004.
12. “Solid phase microextraction gas chromatographic analysis of organophosphorus pesticides in biological samples”.
H. Tsoukali, G. Theodoridis, N. Raikos,
Journal of Chromatography B, 822, 194-200, 2005.
13. “Lead and cadmium concentrations in fresh, frozen and canned squids”.
A. Elefteriadou, G. Samouris, N. Zantopoulos, N. Raikos.
Archiv Fur Lebensmittel-Hygiene, 56, 38-40, 2005.
14. “Solid phase microextraction applied to the analysis of organophosphorus insecticides in fruits”
K. Fytianos, N. Raikos, G. Theodoridis, Z. Velinova, H. Tsoukali
Chemosphere, 65 (11), 2090-2095, 2006.
15. “Heroin metabolites detection in saliva and blood”
C. Pourzitaki, H. Tachou, N. Raikos, D. Kouvelas, H. Tsoukali, D. Psaroulis
Review of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics, International Edition 20 (2), 108-109, 2006.
16. “Comparison of lead and cadmium concentrations in raw
and canned squids”.
Samouris G, Eleftheriadou A, Zantopoulos N, et al.
ARCHIV FUR LEBENSMITTELHYGIENE,58,1,23-25,2007.
17. “Cocaine metabolism and detection in saliva and blood”
H. Tachou, C. Pourzitaki, G. Dermatis, N. Raikos, H. Tsoukali, D. Kouvelas
Epitheorese Klinikes Farmakologias Kai Farmakokinetikes, 25, 1, 114-115, 2007.
18. “Headspace Solid Phase Microextraction for the gas chromatographic analysis of organophosphorus insecticides in vegetables”
Kostantinos Fytianos, Garyfallia Drimaropoulou, Nikolaos Raikos, Georgios Theodoridis, Heleni Tsoukali
Journal of AOAC International, Vol. 90, 6, pp. 1677-1681, 2007.
19. “A new method for the HPLC determination of gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB) following derivatization with a coumarin analogue and fluorescence detection. Application in the analysis of biological fluids”
C. Zacharis, N. Raikos, N. Giouvalakis, H. Tsoukali, G. Theodoridis
Talanta, Vol. 75, 2, 356-361, 2008.
20. “Sodium-Lithium Countertransport Activity in Healthy, Dyslipidemic, and Hypertensive Individuals”
Savopoulos CG, Hatzitolios AI, Katsiki NA, et al.
21. “An association study of sodium-lithium countertransport activity with glutathione S transferase (GST) T1 and GST M1 null polymorphisms in Greek
dyslipidaemic patients and controls”.
Goulas A, Kosmidou M, Hatzitolios AI, et al.
CLINICAL CHEMISTRY AND LABORATORY MEDICINE,46,3, 306-310,2008.
22. “Effects of atorvastatin on
red-blood cell Na+/Li+ countertransport in hyperlipidemic patients with and without hypertension”.
Kosmidou MS, Hatzitolios AI, Adamidou A, et al.
AMERICAN JOURNAL OF HYPERTENSION 21, 3,303-309, 2008.
23. “Develpoment of a Liquid-Liquid Extraction Procedure for the Analysis of Amphetamine in Biological Specimens by GC-FID”.
N. Raikos, K. Spagou, M. Vlachou, A. Pouliopoulos, E. Thessalonikeos, H. Tsoukali.
The Open Forensic Sciences Journal, 2, 12 - 15, 2009.
24. “Acute encephalopathy and clinical pathology findings
in a sheep with chronic copper poisoning”.
Giadinis ND, Papaioannou N, Kritsepi-Konstantinou M, et al.
TURKISH JOURNAL OF VETERINARY & ANIMAL SCIENCES,33,4,363-366,2009.
25. “An association study between catalase-262CT gene
polymorphism, sodium-lithium countertrasport
activity, insulin resistance, blood lipid parameters and their response to atorvastatin, in Greek dyslipidaemic
patients and normolipidaemic controls”.
Kosmidou M, Hatzitolios AI, Molyva D, et al.
FREE RADICAL RESEARCH,43,4,385-389,2009.
Raikos N, Theodoridis G, Alexiadou E, et al.
JOURNAL OF SEPARATION SCIENCE,32, 7, 1018-1026, 2009.