SHORT CURRICULUM VITAE
Paraskevi (Evi) ALIZOTI
Academic Address – Personal Data
Office Phone= +30 2310992769
Mobile phone= +30 6944985272
E-mail address= email@example.com
Date of birth= February 19, 1963
Researcher reference codes
ORCHID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-5656-8434, SCOPUS ID: 6505694148
RESEARCHER ID: B-1401-2012
-2002-2003. Post-Doc Research at the Department of Forestry and Environmental Resources – College of Natural Resources - North Carolina State University, U.S.A.
-1988-1990. M.Sc. School of Agriculture - Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
Languages (besides Greek)
English - Excellent
German - Good
2019-today. Associate Professor. Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. School of Forestry and Natural Environment.
2010- 2019. Assistant Professor. Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. School of Forestry and Natural Environment.
2004-2010. Lecturer, Aristotle University of
Thessaloniki. School of
1986-2004. Researcher - A.U.Th. - Laboratory of Forest Genetics and Tree Improvement.
-ECTS (Erasmus+) Coordinator, Faculty of Forestry and Natural Environment - A.U.Th. (2014-today)
-Academic consultant - Faculty of Forestry and Natural Environment - A.U.Th.
- Instructor - Undergraduate courses : Compulsory courses: Forest Genetics, Genetic Improvement of Forest Tree Species, Plant Botany – Morphology. Elective Courses: Conservation of Forest Genetic Resources, Genetic Improvement of Fast growing and Ornamental Forest Tree Species, Genetic Improvement for tolerance to biotic and abiotic stresses.
- Instructor - Postgraduate courses: Compulsory courses: Population and Quantitative Genetics, Climate Change and Forest Ecosystems, Urban and peri-urban Forestry. Elective course: Conservation of Forest Genetic Resources, Quantitative and Population Genetics (Faculty of Agriculture, A.U.Th.)
- Supervision of twenty two Theses for the degree in Forestry (10 completed), and two Ph.D. Theses (one completed). Member of advisory committee in two Ph.D. candidates. Member of numerous evaluation Committees nationally and internationally.
- Member of:
The Senate of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (2008-2009)
The General Assembly of the School of Forestry and Natural Environment (2005-till now)
The General Assembly of the Faculty of Forest Production, Forest Protection and Natural Environment (2004- till now).
Tree breeding and selection strategies, forest genetics, genetic monitoring, forest genetic resources, conservation strategies and management, quantitative genetics, hybridization, plasticity and adaptation of forest tree populations, plasticity and evolutionary potential of marginal/peripheral populations, assisted migration, climate change impact on flowering phenology/crossability patterns/genetic variation of populations, seed orchards and multiple traits selection methods, molecular breeding, breeding for wood chemicals (stilbenes), clonal forestry, biomass production, GIS to assess plasticity and adaptive potential of populations, modelling to predict/identify populations in potential future risk, ecological genetics
Competitive Research Projects
Currently participating in five European Competitive Projects: 'GENTREE' - HORIZON 2020, 'INFORMED' - FORESTERRA, 'LIFEGENMON' - LIFE, 'NNEXT' - Cost Action, 'MaPFGR' - Cost Action. In the past participated in three finalized European Competitive Research Projects of the FP7 and AIR frameworks, as well as in four competitive National projects.
International Management and Scientific experience
-2006 -today. Deputy Coordinator of the IUFRO WG 2.02.13 ‘Breeding and Conservation of Mediterranean Conifers’
-2016-2020. Coordinator of all Working Groups and activities for the species Pinus nigra Arn. (Τree Species Leader), EU - HORIZON 2020 Project ‘Optimising the management and sustainable use of forest genetic resources in Europe - GENTREE’.
-2006-today. ΕFI – EUFORGEN (European Forest Genetic Resources Program) – National delegate
-2007-today. National focal point for the project EUFGIS (Coordinated by EUFORGEN)
-2014-2018. Co-Leader, WG2 (Pathways), Management Committee Member, COST Action FP 1403 ‘Non-native tree species for European forests - experiences, risks and opportunities (NNEXT)’ (http://nnext.boku.ac.at/objectives/wg2-pathways)
-2012-2016. Co-Leader, WG2, Management Committee Member, COST Action FP1202 “Strengthening conservation: a key issue for adaptation of marginal/peripheral populations of forest trees to climate change in Europe – (MaP-FGR)” (http://map-fgr.entecra.it/?page_id=70#core)
-2004-2008. IUFRO All Devision 2 Deputy Coordinator: Physiology and Genetics, (http://www.iufro.org)
Reviewer in peer reviewed international journals
Forest Ecology and Management, Climate Change Biology, Trees, Genetics and Genomes, Forest Science, Silvae Genetica, Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research, Νew Forests, Forests Journal, Αnnals of Forest Science, Ecology and Evolution,i Forest, Canadian Journal of Forest Research, Science of the Total Environment, Evolutionary Applications, Plant Systematics and Evolution, Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry (https://publons.com/author/1268385/paraskevi-alizoti#profile)
Activities at the National level
-Member of the Scientific CITES Committee
-Member of the Board of the Hellenic Forestry Society and the Hellenic Association on Plant Genetics and Breeding
Member of International organizations - Scientific Societies and Scientific Chambers
International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO), FAO (Food Agricultural Organization), IPGRI – EUFORGEN (Bioversity – European Forest Genetic Resources), Directory of Forest Geneticists and Tree Breeders, Hellenic Scientific Society for Plant Genetics and Breeding, Hellenic Forestry Society, Geotechnical Chamber of Greece, A.U.Th. Scientific Network «Genomics – Biodiversity and Biotechnology» ΒiogenGr
Knowledge of software : SAS, ARC-
2002-2003. Scholarship (Aristotle University Thessaloniki) to conduct post-doc
research at the
1994-1988. Scholarship (Greek State Scholarship’s Foundation) to conduct a Ph.D.
1982-1981. Scholarship (Greek State Scholarship’s Foundation - I.K.Y.) for exceptional performance.
1981-1980. Scholarship (Greek State Scholarship’s Foundation - I.K.Y.) for exceptional performance.
Ninety research papers were published in peer reviewed journals, international and national peer reviewed conference proceedings.
Recent Selected Publications
• Alizoti, P.G. and F.A. Aravanopoulos, 2019. Conserving Biodiversity and plant genetic resources: The Hellenic legal framework. In: M. Šijačić-Nikolić, J. Milovanović & M. Nonić (eds.), Forests of Southeast Europe under a Changing Climate: Conservation of Genetic Resources. Springer, p.p. 149-157, ISBN 978-3-319-95267-3
• Alizoti, P.G. and F.A. Aravanopoulos, 2019. From nature conservation to dynamic genetic conservation – The Hellenic case. In: M. Šijačić-Nikolić, J. Milovanović & M. Nonić (eds.), Forests of Southeast Europe under a Changing Climate: Conservation of Genetic Resources. Springer, p.p. 214-223, ISBN 978-3-319-95267-3
• Alizoti, P.G., F.A. Aravanopoulos and K. Ioannidis, 2019. Ex situ conservation of forest genetic resources in Greece. In: M. Šijačić-Nikolić, J. Milovanović & M. Nonić (eds.), Forests of Southeast Europe under a Changing Climate: Conservation of Genetic Resources. Springer, p.p. 292-301, ISBN 978-3-319-95267
• Kavaliauskas, D., B. Fussi, M. Westergren, F. Aravanopoulos, D. Finžgar, R. Baier, P. Alizoti, G. Božič, E. Avramidou, M. Konnert, H. Kraigher. 2018. The interplay between forest management practices, genetic monitoring and other long-term monitoring systems. Forests 2018, 9(3), 133; https://doi.org/10.3390/f9030133
• Fady, B., F.A. Aravanopoulos, P. Alizoti, C. Matyas, G. von Wuhlish, M. Westergren, P. Belleti, B. Cvjetkovic, F. Ducci, G. Huber, C.T. Kelleher, A. Khaldi, M. Bou Dagher Kharrat, H. Kraigher, K. Kramer, U. Muhlethaler, S. Peric, A. Perry, M. Rousi, H. Sbay, S. Stojnic, M. Tijardovic, I. Tsvetkov, M.C. Varela, G.G. Vendramin, T. Zlatanov. 2016. Evolution-based approach needed for the conservation and silviculture of pehipheral forest tree populations. Forest Ecology and Management Journal 375:66-75.
• Ioannidis, K., E. Melliou, P. Alizoti, P. Magiatis. 2016. Identification of black pine (Pinus nigra Arn.) heartwood as a rich source of bioactive stilbenes by qNMR. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 97: 1708-1716.
• Fussi, B., M. Westergren, F. Aravanopoulos, R. Baier, Darius Kavaliauskas, D. Finzgar, P. Alizoti, G. Bozic, E. Avramidou, M. Konnert, H. Kraigher. 2016. Forest genetic monitoring: an overview of concepts and definitions. Environ. Monit. Assess. Journal (2016) 188:493.
• Lefevre, F., J. Koskela, J. Hubert, H. Kraiger, R. Longauer, D.C. Olrik, S. Schueler, M. Bozzano, P. Alizoti, R. Bakys, C. Baldwin, D. Bailian, S.B. Samuelsson, D. Bednarova, S. Bordacs, E. Collin, B. De Cuyper, S. De Vries, T. Eysteinsson, J. Frydl, M. Haverkamp, M. Ivankovic, H. Konrad, C. Koziol, T. Maaten, E. Notivol Paino, H. Ozturk, I.D. Pandeva, G. Parnuta, A. Pilipovic, D. Prostolache, C. Ryan, A. Steffenrem, M.C. Varela, F. Vessella, R.T. Volosyanchuk, M. Westergren, F. Wolter, L. Yrjana and I. Zarina, 2012. Dynamic Conservation of Forest Genetic Resources in 33 European Countries. Conservation Biology 27(2): 373-384. (Impact Factor: 4.842)
• Koskela, J., F. Lefevre, S. Schueler, H. Kraigher, D.C. Olrik, J. Hubert, R. Longauer, M. Bozzano, L. Yrjana, P. Alizoti, P. Rotach, L. Vietto, S. Bordacsl, T. Myking, T. Eysteinsson, O. Souvannavong, B. Fady, B. De Cuyper, B. Heinze, G. von Wuehlisch, A. Ducousso, B. Ditlevsen, 2012. Translating conservation genetics into management: Pan-European minimum requirements for dynamic conservation units of forest tree genetic diversity. Biological Conservation 157(1):39-49.
• Alizoti, P.G., K. Kilimis, P. Gallios, 2010. Temporal and spatial variation of flowering among Pinus nigra Arn. clones under changing climatic conditions. Forest Ecology and Management 259 (4): 786-797.