Curriculum Vitae of Dr. George Voyatzis
Address: Department of Physics
(Bld. School of Sciences – Aristotle University)
GR 54124, Thessaloniki, Greece
Home Page: http://users.auth.gr/voyatzis
Date of birth: 1965
Organization : Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, GR (AUTh)
Current Position : Associate Professor
Academic Qualifications :
• PhD in Physics (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 1993)
• Diploma in Physics (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 1987)
2015- : Associate professor in Physics Department, AUTh
2007-2015: Assistant professor in Physics Department, AUTh (section of Astrophysics, Astronomy and Mechanics).
2000-2007: Lecturer in Physics Department, AUTh (section of Astrophysics, Astronomy and Mechanics).
1998-2000: Teacher of Informatics in High School Education.
1995-1998: Postdoctoral Researcher in the Department of Informatics (AUTh) – Digital image processing using chaos.
· Supervisor of two PhD thesis, 13 Diploma Theses of MSc students of Computational Physics, 27 Diploma Theses of Bachelor students in Physics Department
Books (in Greek)
• G. Voyatzis, G. Bozis and D. Papadopoulos, Differential Equations with Applications, Kleidarithmos, 2012.
• G. Voyatzis and E. Meletlidou, “An Introduction to Nonlinear Dynamical Systems”, Kallipos, 2015
Main Research topics of interest:
• Celestial Mechanics (orbital dynamics of planets, satellites and small bodies),
• Computation of periodic orbits and orbital stability of celestial bodies.
• Methods for distinguishing between order and chaos,
• Applications of dynamical systems in Physics and Digital Image processing.
• 2005 – 2007 “Computational Algorithms of high accuracy and applications in chaotic systems” (P.I.), Pythagoras II – Greek Ministry of Education
• 2012 – 2013 “Dynamical mechanisms of planet injection and orphan planets”, AUTh Research Committee (P.I.).
Participation in : 9 research projects (1991-2015)
Current Project Involvement : STARDUST-R network
• 48 papers in refereed International scientific journals
• 19 referred papers in Proceedings of international meetings
• 17 papers in proceedings of local meetings
Citations (excluding self-citations) : ~ 800 (from Scopus database)
Participation in 24 International Conferences and 26 local meetings
Member of organizing committees for 5 meetings
Reviewer in ~10 International Scientific Journals
Experience in Computations:
• Programming in C++, MFC, OpenGL, Mathematica
• Numerical simulations of dynamical systems
• Graphic applications for educational purposes.
Current Administration Activities
• Vice head of the Physics Department
• Head of the supervision committee of the education program in Physics Department
• Supervisor of the Computer Lab of the Postgraduate programs Computational Physics
• Member of the Committee of the Kalandra University Camp of AUTh
• Member of the Committee of the University Gym of AUTh
Member of the Hellenic Astronomical Society