Department of Mechanical Engineering
Machine Dynamics Laboratory
Events – News
· Master’s Programme in Turbomachinery Aeromechanics – THRUST Applications deadline for academic year 2015-16 until January 30th, 2015.
· Computer Aided Process Engineering Forum 2015, Plenary Lecture, University of Paderborn, April 27-29, 2015.
· European Symposium of Computer Aided Process Engineering - 25 and Process Systems Engineering 2015 – ESCAPE 25 & PSE 2015 – May 31 – June 4, 2015, Kopenhagen, Denmark.
· 18th International Conference on Process Integration, Modelling and Optimisation for Energy Saving and Pollution Reduction – PRES’15 – August 23-27, 2015, Kuching, Malaysia.
· American Institute of Chemical Engineers Annual Meeting, November 6-13, 2015, Salt Lake City, USA.
· American Control Conference, July 1-3, 2015, Chicago, USA.
· Book in “Design, Optimization and Control of Stand-Alone Powers Systems using Renewable Energy Sources and Hydrogen Production”, Nova Publishers Inc., 2011.
· Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, Volume 16, Issue 7 is now available on SpringerLink. Guest Editors: P.S. Varbanov and P. Seferlis
· Applied Thermal Engineering, Special Issue in Process Integration. Guest Editors: J.J. Klemeš and P. Seferlis
Academic and Professional Opportunities for graduates
· Ph.D. positions in the Institute of Aerospace Technology at the University of Nottingham, UK.
Ph.D. in Chemical
Post-doctoral fellow at Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands (1997-99).
Researcher at Chemical Process Engineering and Energy Resources Institute (CPERI) (2000-06). Currently, a collaborating researcher with the Laboratory of Process Systems Design and Implementation of CPERI.
Joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki as Assistant Professor in 2006 (tenured in 2011). Associate Professor since 2014.
Main research interests involve advanced model predictive control systems for process and mechanical systems, integrated system design and control, sensitivity analysis in optimization problems, and modeling, design, optimization and control of complex process and energy conversion systems.
Authored more than 150 articles in refereed journals, conference proceedings and edited books. Currently, serves as a member of the editorial board for journals “Chemical Product and Process Modelling” and “Chemical Engineering Transactions” (both cited by Scopus and Thomson-Reuters).
Guest Editor for special issues in the peer reviewed journals “Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy” and “Applied Thermal Engineering”. Served as a member of the scientific committee for numerous international conferences.
Currently involved in a number of research projects funded by the European Commission (DG Research) and the General Secretariat for Research and Technology (GSRT).
Main current research activity:
FP7 Project CAPSOL: Design Technologies for Multi-scale Innovation and Integration in Post-Combustion CO2 Capture: From Molecules to Unit Operations and Integrated Plants
AUTh Open Courses: Automatic Control
Address: Dept. Mechanical Engineering, Aristotle
Tel: +30 2310 994 229
Fax: +30 2310 996 029
Email: seferlis at auth dot gr