(Konstantinos-Vasileios E. Katsampalos)
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
of Geodesy and Surveying
Dipl. Rural-Surveyor Engineer, National Tech. Univ. Athens
Geodesist, M.Sc., Ph.D., The Ohio State University
· 1975: Diploma in Rural and Surveying Engineering from the National Technical University (NTU) of Athens, Greece. Graduation Award from the Technical Chamber of Greece.
· 1975-1976: Research Assistant, Chair of Higher Geodesy, NTU (Prof. G. Veis) and at the Dionysos Satellite Tracking Station.
· 1976-1981: Graduate Research Associate , Department of Geodetic Science and Surveying, The Ohio State University (OSU/USA). Course work included: Classical, Gravimetric and Satellite Geodesy, Cartography, Adjustments, Geodetic Astronomy, Photogrammetry, Advanced Mathematics, Numerical Analysis, Computer Science, etc. Research on projects sponsored by NASA, AFGL, NOAA/NGS on potential coefficient determinations, satellite altimetry and local gravity field approximations. Professors R.H. Rapp and U.A. Uotila were projects supervisors.
· 1979: Master of Science in Geodetic Science. Thesis on "The effect of the smoothing operator on potential coefficient determinations" (Prof. R.H. Rapp, advisor), OSU/USA.
· 1981: Doctor of Philosophy. Dissertation on "Simulation studies on the computation of the gravity vector in space from surface data considering the topography of the earth" (Prof. R. Rapp, supervisor), OSU/USA.
· 1981-1983: Hellenic Air-Force Research and Development Center (KETA), Athens, Greece. 24-month military service. System analyst. Creation of a Digital Terrain Model for Greece. Concurrent cooperation with the Dionysos Satellite Tracking Station on routine satellite orbit predictions.
· 1983-1984: Research Associate, National Technical University of Athens, Greece, Dept of Geodesy (Prof. G. Veis). Research included processing of gravity data for geophysical prospecting. Project sponsored by the Hellenic Petroleum Company.
· 1985-1989: Assistant Professor, Dept of Geodesy and Surveying, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
· 1987-1993: Member of The Board (87-88), Secretary General (89-90) and Treasurer (92-93), Board of RSE Professionals Association (North Greece Section).
· 1989-1993: Associate Professor at AUTh.
· 1991-1992: Director, Department of Geodesy and Surveying, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
· 1991-1994: Member of the Scientific Committee on Rural-Surveying Engineering of the Technical Chamber of Greece (TCG). Member of its General Assembly.
· 1993 - : Associate Member of the International Association of Geodesy (IAG).
· 1994: Professor, Department of Geodesy and Surveying.
· 1994-1997: Coordinator of the Scientific Committee on Rural and Surveying Engineering of the Technical Chamber of Greece (second term). Member of its General Assembly.
· 1995-1997: Member of the Board, Land Surveyors Association (North Greece Section).
· 1995-1997: Chairman, School of Rural and Surveying Engineering. Senator, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
· 1995 - 2001: Member of the Board, National Cadastre and Mapping Organization , (National Authority of the Ministry of Environment, Planning and Public Works), Athens.
· 1999 - 2000: Vice-Chairman, Organization for the Master Plan and Environmental Protection of Thessaloniki (Local Authority of the Ministry of the Environment, Planning and Public Works).
· 1999 - 2010: Member and Chairman (2001-03), Committee on Telematics of the Polytechnic School. Since 11/2006, Committee on Information Systems.
· 8/Jan/2010 – 25/6/2013: Member of the Board, National Cadastre and Mapping Organization , (National Authority of the Ministry of Environment, Energy and Climate Change), Athens.
· 1/Sept/2011 – 31/Aug/2013: Chairman, School of Rural and Surveying Engineering. Senator, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Vice-Dean, Faculty of Enineering.
· 9/Apr/2013 – Apr/2015: Member of the Board, National Cadastre and Mapping Agency SA, (Supervised by the Ministry of Environment, Energy and Climate Change), Athens.
1/Sept/2013 – 31/Nov/2017:
Dean, Faculty of Engineering. Senator, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
Undergraduate Level Teaching :
Graduate Level Teaching : [Since 1997, 1st year of the graduate program]
- GPS Applications
- Engineering Surveying Applications
- GPS Special Applications
- Ground Penetrating Radar and Magnetometric Interpretations (Y07)
- Monument Inventoty Systems in Greece (Y08)
Lecturing in previous years : Physical Geodesy (AUTh), Automated Cartography (AUTh),
Application of Mathematics (AUTh), Map Projections
and Coordinate Transformations ( "Continuing Education"
seminars to Surveying Engineering professionals), Unix, Xenix
and CAD (Hellenic Productivity Research Center), Unix
at the Thessaloniki Information Center, Operating
Systems for the Hellenic Committee on Information Science, Unix and
Physical Geodesy at the Technical Chamber of Greece, AutoCAD and Turbo-Pascal
at the City College of Thessaloniki. Land Surveying (Faculty of
Member : International Association of Geodesy (IAG associate member), American Geophysical Union (AGU ), Technical Chamber of Greece (TCG ), Rural and Surveying Engineering Professionals Association (Northern Greece Section), Aristotle University Committees for IT and Local Network Infrastructure (since 1987). Founding Member of the (Hellenic) Institute of Environmental Protection and Development (Thessaloniki, 1992). Committee for International Affairs of the National Association of Rural and Surveying Engineers. In addition:
· National deligate, Council of European Geodetic Surveyors ( CLGE): Brussels.
· National deligate, International Federation of Surveyors (FIG ) : New Orleans, Berlin.
· Official Representative, European Metropolitan Network ( METREX) : O'Porto, Torino.
· HEMCO permanent correspondent to Eurogeographics, since 2010, Brussels.
Reviewer : Bulletin Geodesique / Manuscripta Geodaetica, Journal of Geodesy, Journal of Geophysical Research, Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, Tectonophysics, Engineering Geology, Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences, Technika Chronika and numerous peer reviewed Conference Proceeding volumes..
Topics of special interest
- Reference Systems and Frames. HEPOS
- Gravity field theory and applications. Local and global gravity field approximations.
- Satellite altimetry.
- Analysis of SLR and GPS data for crustal dynamic studies.
- Cartographic projections and coordinate transformation / conversion methods.
- Computer Assisted Cartography, Spatial Information Systems (GIS/LIS).
- Magnetic prospecting at sites of archaeological interest.
- 3D Laser Scanner applications.
Involvement in Research Projects
1. Study of the Gravity Field, NASA NGR 36-008-161/OSU RF Proj. 783210, 1978-1979, Grad. Research Associate.
2. Satellite Altimetry, NOAA 78-4326/OSU RF Proj. 711581, 1979-1980, Grad. Research Associate.
3. Study of the Gravity Field, AFGL TR-81-0187, 1979-1981, Grad. Research Associate.
4. Gravimetric and Magnetic Prospecting in Aitoloakarnania, Greece, Public Petroleum Co / Geolog. & Mineral Exploration Institute/ Natnl. Tech. Univ. of Athens Research Committee, 1983-1984, Computing and data analysis team supervisor .
5. Magnetic Prospecting at Sites of Archaeological Interest, Univ. of Thessaloniki, Research Committee proj. 4120, 1991, supervisor .
6. Inventory System for the Wetlands in Greece. Supported by the Goulandris Foundation and the Hellenic Association of Rural and Surveying Engineers (1992-1993).
7. Monument Inventory in the Region of Central Macedonia, CEC - M.MA.T. under the auspices of UNESCO, Univ. of Thessaloniki, Research Committee #2604. supervisors : profs D. Vlachos and G. Lavas, 1992-1993.
8. Earthquake Prediction Studies in Central Italy and Greece (EPOCH, CEC CT91-0043), Univ. of Thessaloniki, Research Committee #2733, supervisor :prof. V. Papazachos, 1992-1993.
9. High Quality Earthquake Strong Motion Measurements for Structural and Seismic Source Studies - GPS Measurements in the Corinthos Gulf, (EPOCH, CEC-CT91-0042). Prof. Raul Madariaga project coordinator, 1993.
10. Geophysical Prospecting along the Thessaloniki-Katerini Rail Road. Funded by the Hellenic Rail-Road Organisation. Supervisor : prof. Gr. Tsokas,, 1993.
11. Processing of ERS-1 Satellite Altimetry Data to Study the Sea Surface Topography around Greece. Funded by the General Secretariat (EPET-I). Prof. G. Veis project supervisor, 1993-1994.
12. Establishment, Measurements, Processing and Analysis of the 62-node GPS network in the City of Thessaloniki (with A. Badelas, P. Savaides, and the personel of the Surveying Department of the Municipallity of Thessaloniki). Funded by the City of Thessaloniki, 1994-1995.
13. EURO-SEISTEST: GPS Test-Field in Mygdonia (Greece) for Earthquake Prediction. Funded by EU (Environment EV.5V-CT93-0281): AUTh & Grenoble. Superviror : prof. K. Pitilakis,, 1995.
14. POLAEMON: Coordinated Information Infrastructure for Cultural Data Inventory and Management (funded by EU, EPET-2, #669): Foundation for R&T (Heraklion), AUTh (#8761), Intrasoft, Epsilon, Ministry of Culture, NTUA), Coordinator: P. Konstadopoulos (FRT), 1995-1997.
15. DAEDALUS: Inventory, Conservation and Promotion of the Caltural Heritage of Crete. Funded by EU, EPET-2, #193: Arch. Inst. of Crete, Univ. of Crete, TEI, Geomatics, Dromos, Orion, Coordinator: D. Vallianou, Arch. Inst. of Crete, 1995-1997.
16. EPEAEK-1: Design and Enhancement of Teaching Material with CD-ROMs and Multimedia, EU supported, Ministry of Education, AUTh Research Project 3067, 1997-1999, Project Supervisor .
17. Update of the Technical Specifications for the National Cadastre. Funded by Cadastre SA, 2000-2001.
18. KYT-PS : Introduction of New Information Technologies at the School of Engineering. AUTh Research Project 20595, Project Supervisor, 2001-2003.
19. EPEAEK-2: e-topo , funded by EU & Ministry of Education, AUTh Research Project 21492, Project Supervisor , 2003-2006.
20. Scientific Consultation Services for HEPOS, Cadastre SA, AUTh Research Project 82216, Project Supervisor , 2006-2008.
Selected Publications & Presentations
· D.C. Christodoulidis - K.E. Katsambalos, "An Analysis on the Precision in the Computation of the Integrals of the Fully Normalized Associated Legendre Functions", Dept of Geodetic Science, OSU Internal Report , 18 pages, May 1977.
· K. Katsambalos, " The Effect of the Smoothing Operator on Potential Coefficient Determinations", Dept of Geodetic Science, OSU Report 287 , NASA Grand NGR-36-008-161, March 1979.
· K. Eren - D. Hajela - K. Katsambalos - R. Rapp, "Programs and Procedures for Updating the OSU 1?x1? Gravity Anomaly Tapes", Dept of Geodetic Science, OSU Internal Report, NASA Grand NGR-36-008-161, February 1980.
· K. Katsambalos, "Comparison of Some Undulation Prediction Techniques from Altimeter Data", Dept of Geodetic Science, OSU Report 303, NOAA contract 78-4326, June 1980.
· K. Katsambalos, "Simulation Studies on the Computation of the Gravity Vector in Space from Surface Data Considering the Topography of the Earth", Ph.D. Dissertation, Dept of Geodetic Science, OSU Report 314, June 1981. Also as AFGL Report TR-81-0187, June 1981.
· K. Katsambalos - D. Paradisis, "The Program AIMLASER", Dionysos Satellite Tracking Station, NTU, Athens, Greece, Technical Report No 2, (in Greek), 1983.
· K. Katsambalos, "Fast Coordinate Transformations from One Projection to Another using Complex Numbers", Quaterniones Geodesiae, Vol 4, No 3, 169-186, 1983 (in Greek).
· K. Katsambalos - E. Livieratos (editors), "Minutes of the Chania IAG SSG 4.56 Workshop on The Differential Geometry of the Gravity Field", Zete Pub., Thessaloniki, 1985.
· K. Katsambalos - A. Fotiou, "Coordinate Transformations Between Hatt and TM-3. Tables and Programs", Technical Chamber of Greece , Special Report, April 1986.
· K. Katsambalos - E. Livieratos - H. Tziavos - A. Tsioumis - A. Fotiou, "Procedures to Establish and Measure a Magnetic Prospecting Network - Reductions Required", Proceedings of the Symposium on Moderm Methods for Surveying and Documenting Monuments and Archaeological Sites, School of Rural and Surveying Eng., (in Greek), Thessaloniki, 1986.
· K. Katsambalos - E. Livieratos - A. Tsioumis, "Strategies for Analysing and Interpreting Archaeological Magnetic Prospecting Data", ibid, 1986.
· K. Katsambalos - A. Tsioumis, "Magnetic Prospecting Activities at Ialysos, Rodos, Greece", Report prepared for and submitted to the Hellenic Ministry of Culture, (in Greek), Dept of Geodesy and Surveying, University of Thessaloniki, 1987.
· K. Katsambalos - A. Tsioumis, "Two Case Studies of Two-Level Magnetic Surveys in Archaeological Prospection", Eratosthenes, 23, 309-327, 1988.
· K. Katsambalos - E. Livieratos - M. Marsella - S. Zerbini, "Geometric Analysis of the European and Mediterranean SLR Network". Paper presented at the 4th International Conference on the WEGENER-MEDLAS Project, Scheveningen, The Netherlands, 7-9 June 1989, Proceedings printed by TU Delft, pp. 121-139, 1989.
· K. Katsambalos - E. Livieratos - M. Marsella - S. Zerbini, "Geometric Analysis of the Crustal Dynamics Oriented European and Mediterranean Network Using 1984 and 1985 SLR Data", Manuscripta Geodaetica, Vol. 15, pp 30-48, 1990.
· K. Katsambalos - K. Loverdou-Tsigarida - A. Tsioumis, "Magnetic Prospection at Sites of Archaeological Interest: The Castle of Platamon", 2nd Southern European Conference on Archaeometry, Delphi, 19-21 April 1991, Pact 45 - Archaeometry in SE Europe, Vol.13, pp 471-478, (printed in 1997).
· K. Katsambalos, "National Contribution and Involvement Difficulties in the International Research Programms on Satellite Geodesy", (in Greek), Hellenic Association of RS Eng., Newsletter N? 101, pp. 19-26, July-August 1991.
· T. Engelis - K. Katsambalos "Analysis of Crossover Discrepancies from the GEOSAT Mission", XVII General Assembly, European Geophysical Union, Edinburgh, 6-10 April 1992.
· Research Team, "Monument Inventory in Central Macedonia", University of Thessaloniki Research Committee no. 2604. Presented at the Symposium on Archaeological Achievements in Macedonia and Thrace, 1993.
· Zalides, G. - M. Karteris - K. Katsambalos - Ch. Kourteli - N. Labropoulos, "Inventory Study of Greek Wetlands using GIS", in the proceedings of the 1st HELECO '93, Athens April 1993.
· K. Katsambalos - P. Savaides. "Experiences with GPS Measurements for Geophysical Studies in Greece". Presented at the 2nd Intrnl Congress of the Hellenic Geophysical Union, 5-7 May 1993, Florina. Proceedings, Zete Publ., Vol-3, pp:615-625, 1993.
· D. Vlachos - G. Lavas - G. Karadedos - K. Katsambalos - Th. Mandopoulou - S. Tampaki, Monument Inventory in the Region of Central Macedonia. Research Project presented at the University of Athens, 110 pages (in Greek), 15 June 1993.
· D. Vlachos - G. Lavas - G. Karadedos - K. Katsambalos - Th. Mandopoulou - S. Tampaki, Monument Inventory in the Region of Central Macedonia. Conference on "Surveying Monuments - Standards and Specifications" organized by the Technical Chamber of Greece (National Technical University of Athens), 13 pages, 30-11-1993.
· D. Vlachos - G. Lavas - G. Karadedos - K. Katsambalos - Th. Mandopoulou - S. Tampaki, The Social Aspects of Monuments. ICOMOS-NTCG, Athens, 1&2-12-1993.
· T. Engelis - K. Katsambalos, Oceanographic Applications in Greece using Altimetric ERS-1 Data Prepared for the National Space Committee (project 131-ESA, supervisor prof. G. Veis), 70 pages (with tables and programs), 1994.
· T. Engelis - G. Veis - K. Katsambalos - D. Paradissis, Mean Sea Level Determinations in the Seas Surrounding Greece, presented at the 1st ERS-1 Pilot Project Workshop, Toledo, 22-24 June 1994.
· P. Savvaidis - K. Katsambalos, GPS Vehicle Positioning, Journal of RSE Engineering (NG section), 38 & 39, 1995.
· K. Katsambalos, Technical Specifications of GPS Applications in Urban and Rural Areas, Symposium on the Hellenic National Cadastre (pp. 61-69), Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 23-24 June 1995.
· Katsambalos, K - P. Savvaidis, A Calibration Network for the Control of GPS Receivers, Point of Beginning (POB), Michigan, Vol. 21, No. 5, April 1996.
· K. Katsambalos - P. Savvaidis - I. Doukas - A. Badellas - I. Ifantis - I. Mavromatis, Repeated Measurement and Adjustment of an Urban GPS Network with Various Receivers. Technica Chronika, (section I), Technical Chamber of Greece, 16, No. 3, pp 41-49, 1996.
· K. Katsambalos, A. Badellas, P. Savvaidis, Determination of the Heights of Mt Olympus Summits by GPS, SEO Journal No. 101, pp 13-15, 1997.
· Savvaidis, Ρ. - J. Μartinod - Κ. Κatsambalos - D. Ηatzfield - Α. Βadellas - Κ. Tokmakidis: Determination of Ground Displacements in the Seismic Ζone of Volvi, Greece. Survey Review , Vol. 34, No. 266, October 1997.
· Martinod, J. - P. Savvaidis - D. Hatzfeld - K. Katsambalos: Rapid NS Extension in the Mygdonian Graben (Northern Greece) Deduced from Repeated Geodetic Surveys. Geophysical Research Letters (AGU), Vol. 24, No. 24, 1997.
· Andritsanos, V. - K.E. Katsambalos - K. Kehaidou - I.N. Tziavos: Optimization of Local Geoids using Gravity, Elevation, Density and GPS Data , Technica Chronika, (section I), Technical Chamber of Greece, No. 1-2, 1999.
· K. Katsambalos, Conclusions from the 1st National Cadastre Pilot Project. Invited speaker in the Conference organized by the Northern Greece Lawyer's Association, Thessaloniki, 2-3 April, 1999.
· K. Katsambalos - K. Tokmakidis - D. Vlachos, Status of Research Activities Towards an Integrated Monument Inventory. ISPRS Volume XXXII , Working Groups V/5 and V/2 Thessaloniki Join Workshop, pp. 193-202, 1999.
· K. Katsambalos, State-of-the-Art of Geoinformation Systems applied to Archaeological Research, Ministry of Culture, Conference (proceedings in print). Rethymno, 26-28 May, 2000.
· K. Katsambalos - K. Tokmakidis - D. Vlachos, "Polemon , Daedalus and the Integration of National Monument Inventories ", in the Volume dedicated to prof. A. Badelas 2002.
· Papageorgiou D., C. Pikridas, A.Fotiou and K. Katsambalos, "An Educational - Purpose Software Package for GPS Baseline Determination using Code Measurements" Proceedings of FIG 27th Working Week: The Olympic Spirit in Surveying, Athens, Greece, 22 - 27 May 2004.
· I. Doukas, A. Fotiou, I. M. Ifadis, K. Katsambalos, K. Lakakis, N. Petridou- Chrysohoidou, C. Pikridas, D. Rossikopoulos, P. Savvaidis, K. Tokmakidis and I. N. Tziavos, " Displacement Field Estimation from GPS Measurements in the Volvi Area " Proceedings of FIG 27th Working Week: The Olympic Spirit in Surveying , Athens, Greece, 22 - 27 May 2004.http://users.auth.gr/~kvek/2003-volvi/
· K. Katsampalos "e-topo - New Technologies in Education", Proceedings: The Evolution of Instrumentation, Methods, and Measuring Systems in Engineering Surveys in Greece, Thessaloniki, 15-4-2005, Zete Publications, 2007.
· K. Katsampalos "Geodetic Standards for any Production Unit Location ", Proceedings, ENEPROT 2nd Congress, Thessaloniki, 26-27/5/2006.
· Chr. Kotsakis, K. Katsampalos, "On the need for developing a modern 3D satellite-besed Geodetic Reference System for Greece", 2nd HARSE Conference, Athens, 9-10/12/2006.
· G. Vathrakoulis, K. Katsampalos, " Analysis of 3D Laser Scanner Data: 3D-LaserScan SW package ", 2nd HARSE Conference, Athens, 9-10/12/2006.
· C. Kotsakis, K. Katsambalos, D. Ampatzidis, " Extended Similarity-Type Datum Transformation for GPS Heights and Geoid Undulations ", Technica Chronika, (section I), Technical Chamber of Greece, Vo. 27, No. 1-2, 2007.
· K. Katsampalos, " The Geodetic Reference System for HEPOS ", Invited presentation, NTUA Conference for HEPOS, 6/12/2007.
· Kotsakis C, Katsambalos K, Ampatzidis D, Gianniou M, " Evaluation of EGM08 in Greece using GPS and leveling heights ". Presented at the IAG International Symposium on Gravity, Geoid and Earth Observation, Chania, Greece, June 23-27, 2008. Accepted for publication in the Proceedings of the IAG Symposia Series by Springer-Verlag.
· K. Katsampalos - Ch. Kotsakis, The Geodetic Reference System for HEPOS, Presentation, Conference for HEPOS, AUTh & Cadastre SA, 25-26/9/2008.
· Ch. Kotsakis - K. Katsampalos, Transformation Model between GGRS87 and HEPOS, Presentation, Conference for HEPOS, AUTh & Cadastre SA, 25-26/9/2008.
· Ch. Kotsakis - K. Katsampalos - D. Ampatzidis, GPS Levelling, Presentation, Conference for HEPOS, AUTh & Cadastre SA, 25-26/9/2008.
· K. Katsampalos - Ch. Kotsakis - V. Vlachakis - A. Ganilas - I. Papoudas, Temporal Position Variations and Velocity Models, Presentation, Conference for HEPOS, AUTh & Cadastre SA, 25-26/9/2008.
· C. Kotsakis - K.Katsambalos – M.Gianniou , " Evaluation of EGM08 based on GPS and Orthometric Heights over the Hellenic Mainland ", Special Issue of the Newton's Bulletin (joint journal of the BGI and the IGFS) with reports from the IAG/IGFS Joint Working Group on the 'Evaluation of Global Earth Gravity Models', October, 2008.
· Gianniou - K. Katsampalos - C. Kotsakis, "Real-time Positoning in ETRS89 using the Hellenic Positioning System", Presentation, 2009 EUREF Symposium, Florence, 27-30 May 2009.
· K. Katsampalos - C. Kotsakis - M. Gianniou, "Hellenic Terrestrial Reference System 2007 (HTRS07): a regional realization of ETRS89 over Greece in support of HEPOS", Presentation, 2009 EUREF Symposium, Florence, 27-30 May 2009.
· K. Katsampalos - C. Kotsakis - M. Gianniou, "HTRS07: a regional realization of ETRS89 over Greece in support of HEPOS", Presented in "SLR Tracking of GNSS Constellations", Organized by ILRS, NTUA, NASA/GSFC, UMBC, GYS, Metsovo, 13-19 September 2009.
· Kotsakis C, Katsambalos K, Ampatzidis D, Gianniou M, " Evaluation of EGM08 in Greece using GPS and leveling heights ". Presented at the IAG International Symposium on Gravity, Geoid and Earth Observation, Chania, Greece, June 23-27, 2008. Volume 135, Part 6, 481-488, Springer-Verlag, 2010.
· Gianniou - K. Katsampalos - C. Kotsakis, "Real-time Positoning in ETRS89 using the Hellenic Positioning System", accepted in Bullettin of Geodesy and Geomatics, 2010.
· K. Katsampalos - C. Kotsakis - M. Gianniou, "Hellenic Terrestrial Reference System 2007 (HTRS07): a regional realization of ETRS89 over Greece in support of HEPOS", Bullettin of Geodesy and Geomatics, Vol. LXIX, N.2-3, 2010.
· C. Kotsakis - K. Katsambalos, “Quality analysis of global geopotential models at 1542 GPS/levelling benchmarks over the Hellenic mainland”, Survey Review, Vol. 42, No. 318, October 2010.
· Mouratidis A. - Briole P. - Astaras A. - Pavlidis S. - Tsakiri M. - Ilieva M. - Rolandone F. - Katsambalos K., “Contribution of INSAR and Kinematic GPS Data to Subsidence and Geohazard Monitoring in Central Macedonia (N. Greece)”, Scientific Annals, School of Geology, AUTh, Proceedings of the XiX CBGA Congress, Vol. 100, 2010.
· Ampatzidis, D. - C. Kotsakis – K. Katsampalos – D. Rossikopoulos, “Comparison of a Geodetically-Derived Velocity Field from the Permanent NOANET-GPS Network (2007-2010) with a Microplate Tectonic Motion Model over Greece” 15th WEGENER Gen Assembly, Istanbul, Turkey, 14-17 September 2010.
· Mouratidis A. - Briole P. - K. Katsambalos, "SRTM 3" DEM (versions 1,2,3,4) validation by means of extensive kinematic GPS measurements: a case study from North Greece", International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol.31, no.23, pp.6205-6222, 2010.
· Ampatzidis, D. - C. Kotsakis – K. Katsambalos, The Need of a Local Reference Frame in Greece: The deficiency of ETRS89 and a new proposed strategy, EUREF_2011 Symposium, Chisinau, Moldova, 25-28 May, 2011.
· C. Kotsakis – K. Katsambalos – D. Ampatzidis, Estimation of the zero-height geopotential level W0 LVD in a local vertical datum from inversion of co-located GPS, leveling and geoid heights: a case study in the Hellenic islands, Journal of Geodesy, Springer-Verlag, Published on line 3/12/2011, DOI 10.1007/s00190-011-0530-7, 2011.
· Dimitris Ampatzidis - Nikolas Kalamakis, Kostas Katsambalos, Use of RTK baselines for positioning in old low-accuracy classical datums: A case study for the old Greek Datums South. Eastern European Journal of Earth Observation and Geomatics. Vo3, 2014.
· Καλαμάκης Νικόλαος - Κατσάμπαλος Κωνσταντίνος, O N.4061/2012, η κατάργηση διατάξεων του Αγροτικού Κώδικα και οι επιπτώσεις στην άσκηση του επαγγέλματος του Αγρονόμου Τοπογράφου Μηχανικού. 4ο Πανελλήνιο Συνέδριο ΑΤΜ, Θεσσαλονίκη, 23-26/9/2014.
Books & Lecture Notes
· K. Katsambalos, Application of Mathematics in Rural & Surveying Engineering, 84 pp., Thessaloniki, AUTh Publ. 1987.
· K. Katsambalos, Fortran-77 under the VM/SP Operating System , Zete Publ., (183 pages), 1990.
· K. Katsambalos - I.N. Tziavos, Physical Geodesy (422 pages in Greek), Zete Publ., ISBN 960-431-016-X, Thessaloniki, 1991.
· K. Katsambalos - Al. Kousoulakou, Geodetic Surveying and Thematic Cartography, 66 pages, Thessaloniki, AUTh Publ, 2006.
· Th. Georgakis - K. Katsambalos, Programming in Visual Basic 6.0, e-book, ver. 1.3.2, 206 pages, AUTh Publ , Δεκέμβριος 2008.
· Th. Georgakis - K. Katsambalos, Excel Beginners' Guide, e-book, ver. 1.0, 31 pages, June 2005.
Coordinate Transformation & Conversion Software & Guidelines
· K. Katsambalos - A. Fotiou, "Coordinate Transformations Between Hatt and TM-3. Tables and Programs", Technical Chamber of Greece , Special Report, April 1986.
· K. Katsampalos " Transformations between TM87 and Hatt ", Deltio RSE Professionals (North Greece Association), 5, December 2006.
· K. Katsampalos - Ch. Kotsakis, HTRS07 <> HGRS87 (ΕΓΣΑ87) transformation package for HEPOS. Download from www.hepos.gr, 25/5/2009.
· K. Katsambalos - V. Tsioukas, Educational Multimedia for the Microsoft Developers Studio (Fortran Power Station 4.0), compiled in 2000.
· The Earth and the Universe , Volume in honor of Prof. L. Mavridis, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Press, Edited by G. Asteriadis, M. Contadakis, K. Katsambalos, A. Badelas, A. Papadimitriou, I.N. Tziavos, 1997.
Contact me @
Department of Geodesy and Surveying / School of Rural & Surveying Engineering / Faculty of Enginering.
University of Thessaloniki, Box 469, 54124 Thessaloniki, GREECE.
E-mail: kvek at topo.auth.gr